Monday, August 5, 2013

[Personal Stuff] An overview of why I don't "get a real job"



It was filtered back to me recently that a friend of a friend said that I should (in essence) get off Facebook and get a real job.  I guess she never noticed I would only spend 5 - 10 minutes at a go on Facebook over the course of the day, with 20 - 45 minute gaps in between, that such patterns don't really equip you to hold down a "real job." Its probably also not very noticeable how little sleep I get so that posting happens over 18 - 20 hours. When you're busy with being a full time employee, a full time wife, a full time parents AND trying to get a little sleep and fun in on the side, you probably don't notice the details of other people's lives; you don't really see their paradigm

Its not the first time I've received this attitude, it probably won't be the last. So, for those that will take the time to read, I present to you my experiences with chronic fatigue, pain and the fun in-between. By the by, I'm not quite sure what qualifies as a real job, but I'll assume it's not, in some's opinion, being a giant leech on society to the tune of $904/mo.

This'll be an 6 part series.

1) The physical experience of FMS/CFS
2) The mental experience of FMS/CFS
3) Myths and Misconceptions.
4) The medical system and the incurable.
5) The financial side of things.
6) Summation/Final Thoughts.

FMS = Fibromygalia Syndrome
CFS = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Just as a note - each blog post can take up to three days for me to write, so there may be some silent bumps. I tend to write blog posts, or short story blurbs, or whatever, in twenty-minute allotments. Its also why I tend not to finish the story blurbs, its simply because by the time I'm 3/4 of the way through them I've lost my connection to them. "Fibro Fog" is just an extra fun fact. (See second 2 .. when its written)



No comments:

Post a Comment